Employer: Norfolk Rivers Trust
Purpose: To assist with office administration and support Finance Manager
Location: Bayfield, Holt
Reporting to: Finance Manager and working closely with the Senior management team
- Competitive salary depending on experience from £21,000 – £22,500 (Pro rata)
- 25 days holiday + Bank Holidays (pro rata)
Contract: Permanent, Part-time 3 days per week – with possibility of full-time
We are an environmental charity based in Norfolk whose mission is to restore, protect and enhance the water environment for wildlife and people. Due to a significant growth in the trust, we are now seeking an exciting new addition to the team to support the day-to-day running and administration of the office and finance systems.
The role will work across Norfolk Rivers Trust and Rivers Ecology Limited, the commercial arm of the Trust. A fantastic permanent opportunity has arisen for an experienced Office Administrator, based at our very well respected and expanding organisation in the Holt area. This is a new role within the company created by current growth and to support future growth plans. The main responsibilities of the role are to ensure staff have the correct level of support to work efficiently and carry out the required tasks. The successful candidate will have had proven experience within a similar role and will be able to contribute to ensure smooth running of the office and facilitate the future growth of the business. As well as having very good communication skills at all levels, you will possess excellent all round IT abilities, especially in the use of Microsoft packages (Word & Excel). Experience with Sage software would also be advantageous; however, training can be given. This is an exciting and varied role where you will possess the ability to work on your own initiative, as well as being part of the team.
The successful applicant will be responsible for:
- Supporting the Finance Manager with day-to-day tasks as required
- Coordinate office activities and operations to secure efficiency and compliance to company policies.
- Track stocks of office supplies and place orders.
- Manage phone calls and correspondence via emails, calls, letters.
- Booking meeting and training venues
- Organise staff training courses
- Create and update records and databases with personnel, financial and other data.
- Assist colleagues with various tasks as required.
The role requires someone who is self-motivated, enthusiastic, highly organised, with a strong team ethic.
- Reliable with excellent organisational skills and attention to detail
- IT skills/maintaining a filing system
- Keeping records of work undertaken
- Keeping up-to-date timesheets and records of expenses incurred
- Awareness of the need for confidentiality and sensitivity
- Outstanding interpersonal skills including face-to-face and over the phone
- A high degree of organisation and attention to detail
- Strong admin skills and use of databases
- Ability to work independently and as part of a multi-disciplinary team
- Ability to work efficiently and meet deadlines
- Experience of engaging with key stakeholders and working collaboratively with partner organisations
- Ability to work on a range of tasks as identified in the Job Description at the same time
- Full Driving Licence
- Knowledge of bookkeeping
- Knowledge of HR systems
- Knowledge of the work undertaken by the Norfolk Rivers Trust
- Experience of the charitable sector
- A passion for wildlife and the water environment
Contact: [email protected]
Interview date: Friday 4th November