Communications & Engagement Assistant
Reports to: Evidence & Engagement Coordinator
Purpose: Delivering communications, media, and event support across the Trust
Location: Office (Bayfield Brecks, Holt) or hybrid (mixture of office and homeworking)
Salary details: £22,742 – £24,000 pro rata (9% Employer Pension Contribution)
Contract: Full time, permanent position
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join our team in a newly created Communications & Engagement Assistant post. The successful applicant will support the Evidence & Engagement Coordinator in delivering comms and PR activities across all aspects of the Trust’s work.
The role holder will produce inspiring content to reach and engage new and existing audiences across our media channels (including our website), as well as support with general comms processes – such as content planning, media monitoring and evaluation – and other forms of publicity. In addition, the successful applicant will assist with event planning, coordination and promotion as required.
The Comms Assistant will work closely with colleagues across Norfolk Rivers Trust, as well as external project partners and stakeholders, to deliver comms outputs that are associated with current on-ground projects and support NRT’s messaging and objectives.
- Assist with the development and launch of a new website.
- Conduct a content audit of Norfolk Rivers Trust’s website, archiving content that is no longer relevant.
- Support the repurposing and editing of content for the new website.
- Assist with writing and creating new content for the website in the form of project posts, films and imagery.
- Maintain website functionality by assisting with general upkeep and checking for broken links.
- Use Google Analytics to support with the monitoring and reporting on the use of the new website.
- Assist with the planning, scheduling and production of social media content (including Instagram, Instagram Reels, Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn).
- Monitor engagement rates on social media.
- Support the planning and promotion of external events and press visits.
- Help with event set up, attendance and associated comms outputs.
- Distribute publicity materials to relevant partners, local businesses and venues.
- Assist with the proofing of digital and printed materials.
- Help maintain contact lists in compliance with GDPR .
- Support a new business sponsorship programme and other fundraising ventures.
We are looking for someone who is passionate about the natural world and the important role that effective communications can play in inspiring and connecting a wide range of people. The role holder will confidently create engaging written and digital content with a can-do attitude, while being highly organised and personable.
- Passionate about nature conservation, community and engagement.
- Demonstrable experience of using social media platforms effectively.
- Capable of writing clear, accurate and engaging copy for digital and print media.
- Experience of working with sensitive and complex information and adapting it for different audiences.
- Good computer skills and demonstrable ability to learn new software systems as needed.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work well as part of a team and unsupervised with great self-motivation.
- Strong administrative skills, including good record-keeping.
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy.
- Able to work occasional evenings and weekends when required.
- Ability to work on own initiative and manage competing priorities.
- Good understanding of river and freshwater ecosystems, as well as land and catchment management.
- Experience of marketing and/or press work in the environmental sector.
- Experience in using Content Management Systems (CMS) such as WordPress or similar.
- Good knowledge of SEO, keyword research and Google Analytics.
- Experience of design, layout, and digital asset production.
- Familiar with software including Canva, Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Premiere Pro.
- Experience of working with the media, writing press releases, and responding to media enquiries.
Contact: Georgia Waye-Barker on 07944 443711
Interviews will take place on the 27th April 2023.