* New job vacancy * – River Restoration Project Officer
Monday June 14th, 2021
Norfolk Rivers Trust is looking for a project officer to help deliver a series of ambitious river restoration projects. Working closely with partners, land-owners and contractors, the selected applicant will help deliver a suite of projects across Norfolk. We are looking for someone with experience of designing and delivering habitat or water-quality improvement projects, who is self-motivated and has a strong interest in ecology. Experience of CDM or ECOW work would be particularly useful.
The successful applicant will help deliver river restoration and wetland creation projects across Norfolk, assisting with the full process from land-owner and partner engagement, to sourcing funding, to ecological survey and project design, to monitoring. You will also represent Norfolk Rivers Trust at regular meetings and community events. We are looking for someone with a passion for rivers and nature, the ability to work closely with partners or independently, and the drive to help us deliver a series of challenging, exciting restoration projects.
- BSc or higher in ecology / environmental science OR five years’ experience of conservation project delivery
- Own transport and driving licence
- Experience in delivering conservation projects
- Good knowledge of river ecology and hydrology
- Experience of practical conservation works
- Ability to communicate and work with a wide range of partners and stakeholders, particularly land-owners and regulatory agencies
- Degree in ecology or similar
- Experience of CDM
- Experience of working with protected species
- Permanent, full-time post
- Closing date 30th June
Apply with a CV and single-page cover letter to [email protected]